Friday 22 June 2012

friday's favourite fabric

Hello lovelies, hope this Friday finds you happy and ready for a relaxing and reinvigorating weekend.  I've been busy with all the usual stuff this week - toddler playdates, dodging raindrops and wishing for sunshine, attempting to tame the chaos of our tiny house full of stuff, a teensy bit of sewing when the opportunity arose. 

Since my last post I've been avoiding looking at stuff to buy online, and whenever I feel like looking at gorgeous vintage fabric I open my cupboard and look at my lovely stash, and feel grateful for the abundance of deliciousness that I'm already lucky enough to have.  BUT...the lovely Tanya of Pomme De Jour made my resolve wobble earlier this week, when she showed me this...


oh dear.  All resolve melted, and I decided that one little treat was in order.  So now I'm back to being good, but it's a bit easier knowing that a piece of this scrumminess is on it's way to me in the post from France.  And for any of you also taken by it's charms, she has some left, and some of her other stock is on sale at a whopping 25% off - including these treats...



and these lovely bits of vintage goodness for the kitchen...



What can I say?  She is a temptress.  I think I was quite restrained in only getting one bit of fabric, no?  If you like what you see, pop over to the Pomme De Jour Etsy Shop, and don't forget to use the code Summerpomme at the checkout to get that 25% discount.  She also has an Ebay shop and a website with sales on too - I haven't looked recently at the stock in those shops, I'm being good remember?! 

Have a lovely weekend, and hello to my new followers, thanks for joining me in my Rainbow Vintage Home! 

Rachel xx

24 comments:

  1. Not surprised you caved - it's gorgeous! I've been pretty good too, have not bought anything this week. But I do sadly need to buy a new mobile so I'm probably going to have to cough up for that (boo!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely Jen, yes it is gorgeous, but I'm now banned from any more purchases for the next few weeks, got kids birthdays and summer holidays to pay for!

    Have you got a phone on contract? It is worth looking into, you get a lovely new phone without having to pay for it upfront, and usually you get offered an upgrade after a couple of years. Happy Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh flipping eck! I LOVE that fabric! I too would have caved. We need to hangout this week!!! Feel like I need a Rachel fix. Have a great weekend love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that, was just thinking this morning it's been too long since we caught up! Got a busy week coming up daytime wise, maybe we could do an evening with wine *gasp with excitement at the prospect of having a social life that doesn't involve small sticky noisy people*?! xx

      Delete
  4. Hey- thanks for posting- some lovely things! Hope you have a great weekend! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, yes she does stock a lot of gorgeous bits and pieces, these were just a small selection - I had to try not to tempt myself too much! Hope you have a great weekend too. R xx

      Delete
    2. She DOES, doesn't she? That fabric you bought is gorgeous! Do you have plans for it?

      Rachel

      Delete
  5. Mmmmmm...popping over to pomme de jour blog now. Thinking this could be a dangerous move though! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to put such temptation in your way! She lives in France and spends her time pottering around markets full of amazing vintage goodies. Envious, Moi? Never!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, that fabric is stunning! I wouldn't have been able to resist it either! Thanks for your comment the other day - it really cheered me up :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Col, I was cross for you! Rude people are so annoying. xx

      Delete
  7. I love the pink and purple one, makes me want to spend too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? I've got quite a lot of purple fabrics so I resisted that one, though of course she might still have some of it in a couple of months when I'm allowed to treat myself again, and then who knows? xx

      Delete
  8. I was coveting that top fabric too but with the postage all the way to Australia it is quite expensive so I thought I would sleep on it and see if I could justify it in the morning and then it popped up on your blog! Enjoy. melx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought it all Mel, so I'm afraid the temptation is still there - no it's not cheap even sending to England from France, but I have reached a point in my fabric collecting when I'd rather buy one special piece than lots of not so amazing bits. And when I get tempted to splurge again I go and look at my stash to remind myself how much I've already got! x

      Delete
  9. Hello, I've just popped over from teawagon tales and have to say I have been getting incredibly excited over all the fabric, buttons and trims on your blog! As a colour and pattern addict I think I could spend a lot of time here.

    Love the new kitchenware too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, lovely to have you here. Colour, pattern and vintage goodies are what it's all about here, especially bold and bright designs from the 50s, 60s and 70s.

      Funny I was just gazing lovingly at that kitchen shelf while waiting for the kettle to boil, the novelty of that storage jar still hasn't worn off!

      So pleased that you popped over! x

      Delete
  10. I've got a huge cushion in that top fabric. Love it. I don't want to look a that shop, looks dangerous! My jug and bowl arrived today. Love them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pomme De Jour is indeed dangerous Fran, it's wise to avoid it if you're trying not to spend on treats! I'm so glad I found the checkmate pieces for you, it was sheer luck - I wasn't supposed to be looking at Ebay at all, but I had a moment of weakness, and there they were! x

      Delete
    2. oh my god. i just looked at pomme de jour. i'm in trouble.

      Delete
    3. Oh dear - well I did warn you! Tanya is a very lovely person so at least you know your money is going to a good home! And of course your home will have some fabulous new vintage pieces, which is always nice. Have a great weekend :) x

      Delete
  11. Oh, don't make me regret finding your blog and following that link...wish me luck... x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for reading, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be lovely! I read them all and will try to answer any questions, so if you've asked one please do check back here! x